Natural beauty strategies
The price of basic commodities has sky rocketed in the past few months.
For example, the price of maize flour has risen by more than 50%, transport costs have doubled; our children’s needs keep increasing with every birthday celebrated, the list is endless depending on one’s socio-economic status.
This increased cost of living makes it necessary for individuals to look for alternative beauty enhancing products.
There are those who shun this idea completely, given the understanding that beauty is attained a certain price.
Beauty: What is The Alternative?
In these tough economic times, there is thus needed to look for products that can serve dual purpose.
Today I choose to shed light on foods/ingredients that can also double up as natural beauty products
I recently discovered two natural beauty secrets that can be applied at minimal cost using certain kitchen cooking ingredients.
Facial Beauty: Natural cleansers
You no longer need to queue in the already congested beauty shops in Nairobi to buy your beauty products.
I do not in any way imply that we should let go of our appearance simply due to skyrocketed price of basic commodities.
You can in these tough economic times enhance on your facial beauty by doing a weekly facial beauty therapy
All you need is:
- 1 jug of boiled water
- 1 hand washing basin
- 1 medium sized towel or piece of fabric. It should be large enough to cover the circumference of the basin you will be using
- 1 table/stool where you will place the basin
- 1 table spoon of maize meal flour
- 3 drops of olive oil(this is optional)
- Put the boiled water on the basin
- Lower your head directly above the water. PLEASE NOTE,I DID NOT STAY “PUT YOUR FACE INTO THE BOILED WATER”
- Cover your face with a towel
- Allow your face to steam for around 10minutes
- Make a paste using the maize meal flour and gently use it to scrub your face
- Wash off the scrub from your face
- Apply olive oil. This is in case you will be heading straight to bed. Do not apply olive oil on your face if you are planning to go out of the house. This is so because you can get a severe facial burn.
The above facial beauty procedure should be undertaken once per week
Hair Beauty: Herbal Hair Color
Change in dietary habits has seen a rise in individuals with gray hair-especially those in the late 20s and early 30s
I fall in this category, though my gray hair is not as a result of poor diet, but a biblical promise on “gray hair being a sign of prosperity”
Those with gray hair can choose to enhance they hair beauty by wearing weaves/wigs, shaving their hair;or in extreme situations dye their hair. All these are done for lack of knowledge on how one can slow down graying of their hair.
I recently had a discussion with a medical doctor friend of mine who also suffers from this .He however informed me that there are natural ways through which one can address this beauty challenge
What is required?
- Rosemary leaves
- Hair oil
- Add rosemary leaves into a pan full of water
- Bring the water to boil
- Sieve the water
- Shampoo your hair
- Wash and rinse your hair using the boiled water
- Towel dry your hair
- Finish off by oiling your hair
Try these and out and feel free to share with the readers on your experience after trying out these cost cutting natural beauty strategies