Child abuse facts we should all know given that it include the following types:
- physical abuse
- emotional abuse
- sexual abuse
Did you know the following child abuse facts
- One out of every six children gets abused before reaching the age of 12 years
- Most children are abused by persons well known to them?
- Most child abuse cases rarely get reported?
- Child abuse results in long term effects manifested in and through adulthood?
- Most perpetrators of child abuse were abused as children?
- Child abuse takes the following forms: child neglect/abandonment, child sexual abuse, child maltreatment
- Child abuse happens mostly in environments where people abuse alcohol and drugs
- Child abuse is more prone to happen in large families with low economic power
- Survivors of child abuse end up suffering from low self esteem in teenage and adulthood
- At least every child dies in most countries as a results of abuse
- Child abuse is any act that results in emotional, physical or sexual injury to a child
- Not all forms of child abuse are visible to the human eye
- Not all child abusers are “bad people”, there are those who abuse children unintentionally
The above child abuse facts are meant to enable anyone who knows of a child being abused to help them seek immediate help