Homemade facial scrub plays a key role in enhancing one’s outlook.
Scrubbing is a very important aspect that should be included in one’s weekly routine. Reason being that with each passing day, there are cells in our body’s that degenerate in order to pave way for new ones. Hence reason why scrubbing ,skin exfoliation is important.
Homemade facial scrub makes it possible for individuals to rid themselves of dead skin cells at the comfort of their own homes using easily available materials.
This process can be performed on any part of the body, though mostly on the face, hands and feet.
Ingredients of homemade facial scrub to be tried at home
Below are some of the common recipes that can be used in making homemade scrubs:
Homemade facial scrub 1: sugar
- Dampen your face, feet or hands with water
- Put a tea spoon of sugar on the palm of your hand ( if you intend to scrub the face) or add it in your shower gel( if you intend to do a partial or full body scrub)
- Gently massage the sugar paste to the desired location for at least 3 minutes
- Rinse it off and apply moisturizer
Homemade facial scrub 2: oatmeal
- Dampen your face
- Make a paste of oatmeal(you can use porridge flour) with small amounts of water
- Apply this paste on your face in circular motions
- Wash if off and dry up your face
Homemade facial scrub 3: baking soda
- Make a mixture of baking soda and water
- Apply this on your face(or legs/hands)
- Wash if off thoroughly
All the above can be used by persons of varied skin types. Those with dry skin can however use milk instead of water in making the above pastes. It is however worth noting that persons with sensitive skin should seek advice from a dermatologist before using the above. Also ensure that the skin is well rinsed after using any of the above scrubs
Each of the above 3 homemade facial scrub has been tested and found to greatly help in skin exfoliation.