There was a posting on the internet where someone was questioning why most tazama chapaa winners are ladies?
Tazama chapaa:citizen TV
In response to my recent post on mobile investments in Kenya, I will try to respond to why it is that most tazama chapaa winners are ladies
My take is :
- Ladies are risk takers
- Men have failed to take up their role as sole providers for their families, hence reason why most ladies have to look for alternative sources of income. This includes placing bets on mobile investments like tazama chapaa
- There might be men out there who might actually be using their ladies phones to participate in tazama chapaa. The reason being they fear appearing on TV as winners. Given our African culture, the men will be expected to share with their immediate family the reward. The case is however different for ladies. This is so because it is easy for a lady who wins to tell anyone who intends to borrow from her that she has to consult with her husband.
- Most ladies love watching TV, especially soap operas. To add onto this, Citizen has very captivating soap operas. In my view the ladies who participate in tazama chapaa have no difficulty in answering questions on citizen TV programs.
- Ladies can go an extra mile to get answers to questions posed by the tazama chapaa team from their fellow ladies, as opposed to men who wouldn’t have the courage to do so
- Most of the actual winners are the house helps who stay glued on TV for 8 hours, while their bosses are at work. These same ladies use the phones left home by the employers for use in case of an emergency, to participate in game shows. However these house helps forget to realize that the phones are registered to their lady employers, who will automatically be considered by the tazama chapaa crew as the winners given that the phone in question will have been registered in their name.
As I had mentioned, the above are just my views.
I do welcome your views on why it is that most tazama chapaa winners are ladies.